One of the indexers we support is whoosh. It has a few features that we aren't using.
One of which is a search language that supports:
* AND and OR operations (along with ANDNOT, ANDMAYBE, and NOT )
* "phrase searching"
* NEAR operations
* explicit fuzzy~ search (maybe replace current automatic fuzzy 1 change search)
* (grouping and wildcards*) and more ...
1) code to support extended queries rather than the simple word1 word2 with implied
AND we currently use. Consider supporting a subset of the full query language
and query parser. Something maybe googlish? Full support may be too confusing
2) admin options to enable extended queries - might be simple on/off/fuzzy or
have a more extensive list that turns on sets of options.
3) can the roundup admin override our simple option choices by using interfaces.py
to permit more extensive customization?
4) documentation for the changes - for admin and user
The code that handles full text search can use the:
which should be set to True if the indexer has a query language. This should allow
the full text search string to be passed, unchanged to the indexer.
So the new whoosh interface(s??) should set query_language to true to get the user's query